EMS1 completed a recent survey of 203 Emergency Medical Responders, EMTs, Paramedics and other similar professionals.
Check out these stats to see what others are doing for Airway Management, you might learn something new!
- 94% establish and maintain a patient airway with Oropharyngeal airways
- 97% use a bag valve mask to assist patient with breathing
- 56% are authorized to perform endotracheal intubation
- 98% use auscultation of gastric and lung sounds to confirm tube placement
- 91% use visual confirmation
- 38% do not have access to a bougie (an endotracheal tube introducer)
- 20% have access to a bougie
- 22% do not know what it is
Click here to see the full EMS Airway Management survey from EMS1.